Saturday, November 8, 2008

NERVOUS ABOUT WINTER

I would love to just sit here and write about how bad life sucks sometimes, but that wouldn't do me any good. All I would be telling the Lord is that I am incredibly ungrateful for all of the wonderful blessings in my life. I am desperately trying to count them all right now to keep me from becoming anymore bitter and angry than I already am.

So far... every season of this year has brought about something tragic for my little family. Spring was when my dad died, and then summer, my grandpa. Now for fall, Jim has lossed his job. I would love to go into details, but it will only send me into a more angry state of mind... counting my blessings, counting my blessings, counting... counting.... Suffice it to say that after 8 years of hard work and dedication with the Olive Garden, all it took was a brand new director who came here from somewhere in the midwest and brought over several of his old employees, one of which was a manager who he put in Jim's resturaunt and was only concerened with becoming the new G.M. This manager saw an opportunity to get Jim in trouble with something he didn't even know he was doing wrong and that "was all she wrote." The funny part is that Jim has hated working there for several years and asked the Lord on several occasions to help him find a way out.... I guess his prayer was answered. Does anyone else find that as comical as I do? Jim is very much at peace and comforting me in all of this. That's so sad!!!

So.. about those blessings. How grateful I am for the Gospel. To have a testimony and know that Jesus Christ lives, he is mindful of my needs and we are somehow suppose to learn something from all of this. I have a wonderful husband who is willing to work hard and honors his priesthood. Our kids are such amazing spirits and bring great joy into our home. We are blessed to be part of a great ward and have made many friends.

I went to the temple today hoping for some kind of clarity, and you know what I came away with...? The only thing that was made clear to me was that I need to go to the temple more often. I laughed a bit about that.

So, you can see why I would be a bit nervous about what winter is going to bring our way.

11 comments:

Bobbi Lee said...

You are such a beacon of light, Becky. You add to my hope and are one of the things that strengthens my testimony. I truly do believe the Lord puts obstacles in our way to help us (whether it be to learn how to accept help, to humble us, or maybe even just to use us an example to others.) Whatever the reason, I know that you will come through this and will be stronger for it. I sincerely hope you will hear my offer to help in anyway. We love you guys!

Julie said...

You are doing the right things Becky! - I know that Heavenly Father will bless you. Love you.

Larsen said...

You guys are going to be just fine, and I say that in seriousness. We woudlnt' and couldn't ever watch a family in our ward not have basic needs met.

Which brings me to my next question. Do your girls have their ears pierced.

Let me know.

WE LOVE YOU!

Camille said...

You are so amazing. I feel lucky to have you for a friend.

TheCrowes said...

Oh Becky, I'm so sorry! I need to call you this week. Love you!

Mindie said...

Gerrrr! Don't you just love when life takes all the fun twist and turns that we are NEVER ready for? I'm so sorry about your hubby's job, we have been there ourselves and it's no fun. That being said, we put our trust in the Lord and we made it through somehow! Good luck with everything. Keep smiling!

Me... said...

Becky... I'm so sorry about Jim's job. What a stress for you guys. You have had a rough year. Just remember that there are others (like us!) who pray for you. Hang in there! Love, your favorite Aunt

Red Head Family said...

You're heading says it all-together forever-no matter what!! Funny how prayers get answered in funny ways! Jim seems resourceful and strong willed enough to get back on his feet quickly. Please let me know if we can help with anything.

Julie said...

Becky, you're tagged. Check out my blog for instructions.

lori said...

what?! i am so sorry that your cute family has to deal with this. i respect and admire your attitude about the loss of your husbands job. you are amazing. your husband and your kids are blessed beyond measure to have you.

i'll offer up special prayers just for you and your sweet family. i know sometimes blessings are disguised as trials. i pray that big blessings are heading your way!

sending lots of love to you. . .

Unknown said...

The amount of blessings your family has brought into my life, I know for sure that many blessings will end up coming your way, and Jim will find something he truly loves to do (and it will pay well! lol)

-JT