Sunday, September 21, 2008

Stop and watch the leaves fall

I absolutely love this time of year. Minus the fact that it comes around so quickly and it means that another year is almost at a close. Can anyone believe that we are almost finished with 2008 and moving into 2009. Where does the time go? Have you ever thought about it? Where did it go and why so fast? What are you doing with it? It's not the time of year to stop and smell the roses, but instead how about stopping to watch the leaves fall. We have become a gotta have it now society and it is sad to me that we have falling into the belief that everything has to run 24/7 in order to make more money. I wish we could do something to change the way the world views our "day of rest" and how valuable it is and should be to our society. I truly believe we would be a more blessed people is we could observe it the way it was inteded. Sorry for the soap box.

3 comments:

Red Head Family said...

I love this time of year too. I love the picture of the leaves-it's my background right now. Thanks for reminding each of us. By the way-I noticed what time you posted-I'm usually asleep for at least 1-2 hours by then.

kari said...

Fall is my favorite too. How is the basement??

The biznizzle said...

I'm glad for the 24/7 Taco Bells,I tell you what! Ha. I do miss the fall though. Haven't seen a good leaf change in a long time. I guess I'll go outside and look at the normal color leaves then. Still 103 degrees here by the way. Trade ya' straight across.