Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Our trip to Europe

A year ago in March Jim was given an opportunity to go to Europe. Specifically Italy. There is an Olive Garden in Tuscany somewhere and he spent a week doing some culinary training. He had a blast! They spoiled him rotten. I was able to join him the following week and we went from Italy to Switzerland to Germany to Austria and back to Italy... in 8 days. NOT RECOMMENDED! Take your time! I would love to endulge in the details of my part of the trip, but there isn't enough computer space to tell of my nightmarish adventure. But, to give those of you who haven't already heard about it a taste, I sat on an airplane on the tarmat for 11 hours at JFK and then they ended up cancelling the flight. This was after my flight has been delayed or cancelled at least twice. They lost my luggage and Jim put the wrong gas in our rental car my first day there. (yes.. that means we killed the car and had to pay to fix it) But all in all, there were some great things too. Our favoite place was Fussen, Germany. We visited the castles and it had snowed 36 inches while we were there. It was so pretty. We hope to someday take the kids back there. I also really liked the Trevi fountain in Rome. To realize how old those places are. They were around when Christ was on the earth. It's an intersting feeling.

No comments: