Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday's...

As most of you know my dad passed away on a Monday morning. What is it about this day? My mom's father passed away this morning. Another Monday.



We (the kids and I) went to Brigham City this weekend and stopped over to see my mom's parents. I don't get to see them very often and the mere fact that I made the decision to go down THIS particular weekend... my grandpa has been very sick for a long time but has continued to hang in there. I'm not sure he even knew I was there, but I went and just sat in his room for about an hour. Tender Mercies!

This picture is my grandpas legacy. We are only missing 2 babies and a husband who weren't in exhistance when this picture was taken. This is a very special picture. My grandma had said for several years that if my grandpa lived to be 80 we would have a big party and family picture. Our family is spread all over, but this is all of us!! I absolutely love this picture. We are all infront of my grandparents house with my favorite tree in the picture. My grandpa turned 81 this last Sunday.

8 comments:

The biznizzle said...

Well the church does teach us that Monday is family day! Makes sense to me!!! Hope all is well and your mom is doing ok. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Take care, talk to you soon.

Chris

Krystal said...

sorry about your grandpa:(
your timing is impecalbe with these things huh?
love ya!

Larsen said...

That is funny, that comment about Monday's being family day.

ahhhh, Becky. I am sorry to hear that you are going through another loss like this. I feel like I haven't seen or talked to you in weeks.

I am thinking about you, though.

Love you!
Gina

kim/ Gramma Stokes said...

Becky, thanks for the call today, it really made my day. Weird how people go in groups. My dad yesterday and your grampa today. I am only hoping my dad runs into your dad and grampa and they are the ones to teach him about the gospel. Cuz lets face it, if they can't get him to see the light, well, hmmmm, I dunno. You take care and tell your mom she is my prayers as well.
Love you!!
Kim

Hillman Family said...

WOw. You've had an emotion past few months. So sorry about your dad and grandpa. What would we do without the Church?? Love ya!

lori said...

becky, so much emotion in such a short amount of time. . . i hope and pray that you, your mom, and your family will be ok. i hope you will know that you are in my thoughts and prayers constantly. your family is so amazing. if anyone can handle all of this with dignity and grace, it will be you and your family. sending lots and lots of love your way. i hope you can feel it.

lori

TheCrowes said...

I'm so sorry Becky :( I'm thinking about you and your family.

Jared said...

Becky & Family
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. As if enough wasn't enough! I have been in Peru the last couple of weeks so I did not know until just yesterday. Please know we keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Love
Jared Bryson