Friday, August 8, 2008

Where to begin...

Since my last post was talking about all the craziness, now I'm going to post pictures. While Jim's dad was visiting I was able to take a 3 generation picture. And the girls got a picture with their cousin Bailey.


These next pictures are from when my sister was here and we went up to m Uncle Kelly's house to play with the horses. The kids chased the chicken, picked and ate fresh raspberries and got to ride Felice.





When all our company went home I left town. I went to Syracuse to scrapbook for a weekend with my friend Kimberli. Once a year (Mother's day weekend) we get together and scrapbook all day and night. Well when my dad passed away in April Kimberli suggested we move the weekend to August. I was so grateful that she didn't expect me to go thru with it and didn't make me have to be the one to postpone it. It's been 4 months and I am still having a hard time scrapbooking pictures with him in them. Kimberli completed 4 beautiful layouts and I was able to get thru 9 mediocur ones.

6 comments:

kim/ Gramma Stokes said...

Hi there! no I am not ready to start school. I am enjoying my time off and I don't want it to end yet! Since we have come home from our vacation, we have been putting closet organizers in all the closets. What a difference!! So I am organizing my butt off,
(I wish), anyway, are you doing your lesson tomorrow? # 14? The on on Coping with death? It may be a tough one for me since my dad passed, and if you are doing it, hard for you too?? Well, good luck and thanks for stoppin' by and commenting! Sarah always teases me that she is the only one to comment on my blogs.

Larsen said...

So 9 mediocre needs to be edited to 9 wonderful.

Your art is YOUR art.

Never knock it.

Love you and see you soon!

Gina

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

Looks like fun!!! And I LOVE scrapbooking weekends!!! Half of the time I just sit and talk and eat and talk and maybe do a page here and there, but in the end it a lot of pages always seem to get done...somehow. But yours are super cute!! It's nice to just have time with the girls and NO kids and No husbands!!!

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

by the way, I was reading your comment on gails page and it was funny cuz Jeff and I have only been to rainforest like 2 times, but the very first time we were there I was like "There's the Hadfields!!" I remember they were soo excited like it was the best restaurant ever which made me excited to eat there!!!

kim/ Gramma Stokes said...

Hey, yes, you do comment, along with Sarah, and again, thanks so much. Umm, my lesson went well, it was very hard!!! I cried and laughed and cried, RS pres, & councelors said I did a great job, so I guess, they will keep me on for a few more months, hehehe. Well you have a great week and have your kids started school yet? I have another week still. Tomorrow I get to go and do the boob squeez oh joy!!!!!!!!! Lucky me. I know you are jealous. later girl!

Hillman Family said...

Your layouts are great. They are NOT mediocre! I am glad you had fun in Utah. See you tomorrow!