Saturday, December 20, 2008

I had an interesting phone call this morning. Around 10 am my cell phone rang... I looked at the caller I.D. and it said that "dad's cell" was calling. I had been under the impression that my mom had kept my dad cell phone and number. I was ready to be very upset for calling me from that number cuz my heart sunk when I saw who was (or who I wish) was calling. When I picked up the phone, I said hello and it wasn't a very nice hello either.

A man on the other end of the phone said... hi, someone keeps trying to get ahold of someone at this number and it's not me. I wondered if you would know why.

The guy was thoughtful when I told him that my dad had passed away this last April and it was probably a buisiness contact who hadn't heard that he had passed. He was so kind and said that he was sorry and I could call my dad's cell phone anytime I wanted and he would make something up.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow,
i wonder if you had that moment of "could that actually be him?" even if only for a millisecond.

-JT

kim/ Gramma Stokes said...

Becky~ where have you been?? Too busy for the bloggin life??? Miss ya!

Jessica C. said...

Oh Becky, that is the sweetest story! I'm so glad you wrote about it. There is a girl here in my office who lost her mom a few years ago and she enjoyed your story too. :) If you would like an invite to my blog send an email to jessi.h@aggiemail.usu.edu