Monday, April 13, 2009






I am very honored to be the daughter of John Hadfield. It was a year ago tomorrow that Heavenly Father called him home. It has been a very quick year in some respects and this isn't an anniversary that I really know what to do with. It will be a hard day if I let myself think about it. But I think I'm more apt to avoid it. My family and I will spend part of the day in the temple and that will be such a great experience. We are going to try and all be at our respective temples at the same time, and knowing that dad will be there with us will be a great comfort.

I can go on and on about how great I think my dad is. He was not perfect, but he LOVED the Lord and he LOVED his family. He LOVED my mom and you could see it in the way he looked at her. His grandchildren were very special to him and I can only imagine how he is spoiling the ones in Heaven who are waiting to come to the family. (ha ha..not mine ofcourse since were done.) What more could anyone ask for. He was a missionary in every sense of the word. He knew (knows) what he had in the gospel and wanted to share it with everyone around him.

I have great faith in our Heavenly Father's plan and know that he is on the other side of the veil working hard to keep us in line and other's to find their way. At times it is harder than others to not have him around physically, but we have all felt him close when we needed him. I can't express enough the gratitude that I feel for having he and my mom for parents. To be sealed to them for time and ALL eternity. That didn't break when he died. It became stronger. It became more real and more important than ever before to know that I am theirs. No matter who gave birth to me. I was meant to be with them. He made sure I knew that. I love you daddy!!






10 comments:

Julie said...

Love you Becky. Thanks for sharing the pictures and thoughts. That is a neat idea about tomorrow. Mandy and I went last & our thoughts quickly turned to your sweet dad. Love ya.

kim/ Gramma Stokes said...

Beautiful tribute Becky! We think of him so very often!! Still hard to believe, isn't it!? I hope he is up there teaching my dad, so in July when we do his work for him he will accept it. His year is coming up too. End of June, with your grammpa I believe, a year goes by so fast! Love you Becky and your family! You are so lucky to have such great parents!

Bobbi Lee said...

Love you! What beautiful thoughts.

Callie said...

Becky-I love your family! In fact I thought we were all cousins for the longest time. Tomorrow will be a hard day I'm sure but I'll be thinking of you. You have such a neat and great family.

Tyler and Kacie said...

You DO have amazing parents!!! =0)
I can't believe it has really been a year. Your words were so sweet. I love your family and I hope you are all doing well♥

spaceyhawks said...

I can't believe it's been a year. Your dad was such a great man! I remember often of the times our families spent together on Kinlock Street. Our dads being all crazy like with the fireworks. It's been 19 years this month for my dad, I know the two of them are having a blast together up in heaven. ;-)

Larsen said...

I can't believe it's been a year.

Well, you are a tough cookie and I am glad to know that you have such fond memories of your dad and the kind of man he was here on earth!

Love you!

Mandy said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Becky! You are in our prayers. Enjoy your time at the temple tonight. Love you!

Me... said...

Jeff and I have thought about you a lot these past few days. Hang in there and know that with the one year anniversary of his passing,that you have not been alone in your rememberance. It was a hard day for Jeff too. He really misses his brother. :-)

Kimberli said...

Great post. You've been a great example of someone who has been able to overcome difficult trials this past year. Know that you are loved!