Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I suppose it's time to update my blog. So much has happened and I don't know where to start. We sold our house in Idaho Falls (which was a tremendous blessing.) The family who bought our house had been looking to buy in our ward for quite a while and just as we put it on the market they wanted to buy it. The flip side of this blessing... because there is ALWAYS a flip side... is that I have left behind some amazing friends, neighbors, co-workers and the best ward we've ever been in. It was more like family to me and during the toughest two years of my life, they were there with comfort and support and love. I know I can find that anywhere I go, but I will truely miss them.

We have moved to Logan, Utah again and Jim is the General Manager for a restaraunt called the Beehive Grill. A fun concept and good food, not to mention some yummy gilato. Mmmm. I think I will go get some today. It's pretty tasty.

We've moved into a dinky three bedroom apartment and put most of our stuff in storage. There is a lot to like about this place... a pool, weightroom, playgrounds, year round hot tub, club house to host scrapbook parties, etc. There is also a lot to not like... it's tiny, up three flights of stairs, not as clean as I'd like, and did I mention that it's small???

I will start working at the Kohls here in a week and I am actually nervous. ?? Not really like me, but I've lost a sense of security in the last couple years and I can't seem to get it back. When my kids went to their first day of school yesterday I cried for them because the looks on their faces said... "Mommy, please stay with me." They did have a great first day and are off with no reservations today. Thank goodness I have pretty resiliant kids.

There is a lot to like about Logan and in the past we have enjoyed living here. There is a beautiful view of the temple right outside our apartment window. Beautiful scenery, an Einsteins Bagel, Carls' Jr., indoor ice skating, close to family.... and so much more that I can't think of right now.

We are planning to build another house if things go well in the next year. That should be fun!!
Gotta go get ready for the day...

5 comments:

Bobbi Lee said...

Einstein Bagels - that's worth moving for right there:) I'm happy things have worked out for you - it's all about Plan B, right? Miss you guys - tell the girls to practice their flashcards, hehe. Love ya!

Red Head Family said...

Good luck-there are always blessings even when we can't see them right away. Tell Kaylin hi fro Kaleb!

Mandy said...

Whenever you're ready for visitors Jake and I are going to make you guys some Halloween cupcakes. Love ya!

Larsen said...

Miss you. Can't believe you just aren't here. seems surreal still.

We will keep in touch though!

Larsen said...

Holy Cow. Hard to imagine our ward without the griders. We miss all of you already. Keep updating so that we can see what is happening in your life.

Kyle