Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I need two empty chairs...

Kailyn had her baptism interview Sunday with the Bishop and when Jim and I came in afterwards he asked her if she was going to have any family or friends coming. I will never forget how tender this next moment was. Kailyn was very serious and said, "My grandpa Hadfield and grandpa Sparks died this year and I need to have two empty chairs for them." Our sweet Bishop told her that he was pretty sure they wouldn't need chairs, but they would surely be there and probably would have the best seats in the house.

9 comments:

TheCrowes said...

That's the sweetest thing ever! I know they'll be there watching.

Julie said...

Thank you for sharing, I love it - she's had to grow up so much this year. You're teaching her well!

Camille said...

Kailyn is so sweet. What a touching story.

Boyd Fam said...

That is a neat story. Kailyn is a very sweet little girl!

heather b. said...

Hey Becky this is Heather Tippetts (don't know if you remember me or not) but I stumbled across your blog and that it the cutest thing your daughter said. It gave me chills.

Your family is so cute!!

Hop on over to my blog if you want
jhbuchananfamily.blogspot.com

The biznizzle said...

What in the world, are you asleep already? What a WUSS! I am just warming up, in fact, I think I am going to run to Taco Bell here in a minute, if I can find one that is 24/7. Worst case scenario, Krispy Kreme baby! Hope all is well. Late.

jeffandkim said...

Awe, I love her! That is seriously got to be thee sweetest thing I have heard yet! Give her a BIG hug and kiss from me!!!!

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

That is super sweet. Your daughter is adorable....I'm sure they wouldn't miss it for anything!!

Red Head Family said...

That is so tender. It's amazing sometimes how our kids process things. Thanks for sharing!