Friday, May 2, 2008

Getting prepared

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com
Lately, Jim and I have been talking a lot about our food storage, which I think everyone has thought about or talked about at one time or another. Our problem as always been just getting started. Food storage isn't just for a natural disaster. We are in the last days and our economy is shakey. So what happens if there is problem with the trucking industry because of gas prices, or you loose your job. So I'm throwing this link to Honeyville Grain. It's the company my dad worked for for 34 years. They have great hot cocoa mixes, (like Stephens, only a lot less expensive). They have some fun smoothy mixes, cake mixes, scone mix (which is so good), muffin mix, and a bunch of stuff for food storage. They have a bunch of freeze dried and dehydrated fruits and veggies too. We've got to start somewhere right...?

5 comments:

Camille said...

Becky-
Love your blog. Love that your blogging. Love that I may have created this addiction. Love all the pictures.

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

I'm with ya!! Jeff and I FINALLY went out today and got a bunch of stuff.....but what the heck do I do with it????? Anyways, I'll check out that site, thanks. By the way, it was soo good to see you, I can't even remember the last time I saw you. I wish the circumstances were better, but it was a nice reunion:)

Mindie said...

I found a new love for getting prepared about a year ago. Once you start it's an addicttion for sure! I have run out of room to put stuff, but it's been a fun hobby for me!

Hadfield said...

becky! i love your blog! Now we just need to get kim and shalon started! ;) love ya!

Tyler and Kacie said...

Of course I remember you!!!! HELLOOO! =) hehehe...Thank you for the comment. Your family is darling too. I was so disappointed that I couldn't go to your dad's funeral- I wanted to be there so bad. I'm glad you got to see at least part of my fam though. I'm so glad you have a blog so we can keep up on how you're doing. ♥Kacie